Yep, that's right. It sounds like that makings for a creepy movie, but it happened in real life. Ok, ok, not in my apartment, but in the hallway.
Last night Mason was working a double shift and he came home a bit after 10 pm to grab some stuff. He walked in the door and said, "There's a snake in the hall!"
While I'm not terrified of snakes, it's not awesome to hear that there is one (small enough to squeeze under doors) slithering around in the building! So we made some calls and kept an eye on it because it just happened to blend in perfectly with the ugly old carpet on the stairs. We had no idea if it was harmless or deadly, so we didn't want anyone to overlook it and get hurt. In the end, a brave guy with some barbecue tongs and a cooler caught it and took it away. And if it was a pet, I guess it serves the owner right for letting that thing get out.
After a little research we concluded that the snake was either horribly poisonous or harmless.... But I'm glad we'll never know.
And at the end of it all, just for my own peace of mind, I stuck some tape along the bottom of the door into our apartment. Isn't it scary to think that it could have just slid under our door?!